Friday, November 10, 2017

Why Choose UMSL?

By Michaela Browne


What type of people choose UMSL? Motivated people choose UMSL. Diverse people choose UMSL. Successful people choose UMSL. Ambitious people choose UMSL. Most of all, people with dreams choose UMSL.

I chose UMSL because it is a high-quality education at an affordable cost. The professors at UMSL care about their students and I enjoy learning from such wonderful educators. I personally have chosen to commute, and I am very impressed with the selection of class offerings, as well as the variety in time selections. However, whether you choose to live on or off campus, you cannot go wrong with UMSL’s campus, course assortment, and welcoming community. The campus also provides a variety of organizations, which provides a plethora of ways to connect. There is literally something for everyone.

This year I have the opportunity to be a part of UMSL Ambassador program. I love being an ambassador because I get to represent something that I am very passionate about: UMSL and what it represents. Diversity, fairness, education and so much more. As an UMSL ambassador, I have been able to meet people of diverse backgrounds that have similar interests in making their dreams a reality. The volunteer events are not only fun, but allow opportunities to meet a variety of people, as well as providing opportunities for networking.

My advice for all of my fellow students is to strive for what drives you. I am so thankful that I am at a college that gives me so many opportunities to work towards my dreams. “If you can dream it, you can do it” Walt Disney. Life is too short to not work hard for what you want. UMSL provides the stage to make your dreams a reality. That’s why I chose UMSL.

No comments:

Post a Comment