Wednesday, February 28, 2018

My First Semester as an Ambassador

by Rod Alyatim 


I was told about the UMSL Ambassadors by one of my friends. I was looking for a fun way to volunteer and be more involved on campus. In August 2017, I applied for a position. I knew that being in the Ambassadors is an honor and that being able to work so closely with the Office of University Events would be a great way to be more involved. Within a week I got an email asking me to interview! The interview was very enjoyable and quick. Before I knew it I had been accepted.

The Ambassadors meet every month and the first meeting of the year is orientation. After orientation, I started volunteering at events and got to meet so many great people. My favorite event by far was Founders Dinner. It really shows how amazing the UMSL community is! Volunteering at commencement was quite an interesting time because I got to help all the graduates on their special day.

If anyone is looking to be a big part of the UMSL community I would definitely recommend the Ambassadors program! To learn more about us, follow us on Instagram @umsl_ambassador.

No comments:

Post a Comment